Prototype #1B: Butler Library, Columbia University
Nov. 2016 We launched prototype #1B:
- Artifact: Sweatshirt & logo; chalk board.
- Model: Power Hour Study Pop-Up
- Location: Butler Library, Columbia
- Goal: create a hospitable study space at the seat of the university, Butler Library. Butler Library was one location students expressed feeling disconnected from.
- Results: 14 attendees drank coffee & discussed exclusion.
- Summary: #Wearewelcomehere organized a study power hour pop-up at Butler library to discuss ways to create spaces where students felt included. We drank coffee, told stories and discussed other locations on campus that made students feel unwelcome.