International Week Conference @ Teachers College, Columbia University
Nov. 2016 We launched prototype #1B:
- Artifact: Sweatshirt & logo; chalk board.
- Model: Power Hour Study Pop-Up
- Location: Teachers College, Columbia
- Goal: Present on #Wearewelcomehere and visual culture of social movements.
- Results: Salient discussion on the visual culture of gender & race in contemporary social justice movements. We created our own logos that represent us.
- Summary: #Wearewelcomehere presents on Social action research on the Visual Culture of Social Movements: Presentation at 2016 International Education Week Conference co-sponsored by the Institute of Urban & Minority Education. Teachers College, ColumbiaUniversity. We Googled images from the #Blacklivesmatter movement & #NiUnaMenos to compare & explore visual techniques and strategies in movement building.