Prototype #1A: IUME Welcomes You@ Teachers College, Columbia
Oct. 2016 We launched prototype #1A:
- Artifact: Sweatshirt & logo; white board.
- Model: Community Engagement
- Location: IUME @ Teachers College
- Goal: welcome student to research opportunities on diversity & inclusion.
- Results: 14 attendees drank coffee & discussed exclusion.
- Summary: #Wearewelcomehere co-sponsored by the Institute for Urban & Minority Education, hosted a IUME information to inform students about the institute's programming opportunities. We (re)claimed the space. Students posed under our hashtag as we live streamed photos of the event. Many students claim to have never heard of the institute before the event. Our prototype was to test how students wanted to be welcomed by official campus offices. We wanted to address gaps in knowledges about research & funding opportunities. We auctioned off a seat at a round table with Dr. Ernest Morrell.